Linksys range extender setup can be done through default domain extender.linksys.com. You can go through the following steps to learn about extender.linksys.com setup.
Steps to be followed for how to log into Linksys extender-
- Plug your extender into a power outlet.
- Connect your Wi-Fi device such as- computer to the Linksys extender network.
- For the Linksys extender access type http://extender.linksys.com into the address bar of the internet browser.
- Provide the Linksys extender login click ‘login’
- The credentials are username- ‘admin’. The default password is ‘password’
- Click on ‘Login’
- Follow the on-screen instructions on extender.linksys.com setup page.
Linksys extender access via http://extender.linksys.com failed
Linksys range extender setup failed with extender.linksys.com web address? You can check out these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure that the Linksys extender is plugged into a power outlet. Check its internet LED is working.
- Your router and computer must be powered on.
- Make sure that your Linksys extender is within the range of router.
- Check all the physical connections.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Linksys extender network.
- Update the web browser that you are using.
- Disconnect your extender from the power outlet and wait for 60 seconds. Connect the Linksys extender again to the power source.
- Update the firmware of the Linksys extender.
- Use http://192.168.1.1 for Linksys extender access.
- Reset your Linksys extender to default settings. Use a pin to press the reset button.
Linksys range extender setup via extender.linksys.com
Now that you know how to log into Linksys extender, let’s dive into steps for the Linksys extender access.
- Plug the Linksys extender into a wall outlet. Power it on.
- Turn on your associated gadget like- computer. Click on the Wi-Fi tab
- From the available networks, connect to the Linksys extender network.
- Enter extender.linksys.com into your preferred browser.
- It will open extender.linksys.com setup page for you.
- Select your home wifi network from the available lists.
- Enter a password to connect to the router network.
- This will extend the router’s network.
- Click on the 5 Ghz network. Enter the password to connect.
- Configure the wireless settings of the Linksys extender.
- Enter the SSID of your Linksys extender.
- Type wifi network password of the Linksys network.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button to save the settings.
Linksys Extender access using WPS button
Complete the Linksys range extender setup using a WPS button.
- WPS button is located on the side of the Linksys extender.
- Power on the Linksys extender
- Press the WPS button.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Press the WPS button router.
- Wait for a few moments for the Linksys extender and router to get connected.
- Connect your smart devices to a Linksys extender network.
Linksys extender firmware update via extender.linksys.com
Your Linksys range extender setup is incomplete without a firmware update. It is easy to update the Linksys extender firmware. Follow the quick steps:
- Enter extender.linksys.com for the Linksys extender access.
- Provide accurate login details to get into extender.linksys.com setup wizard.
- Visit the ‘Administrative’ page.
- Look for the ‘Firmware Upgrade’ option.
- Look for the latest firmware upgrades.
- Click on it to download.
- Get started with the Linksys extender firmware update.
- Do not interrupt the process.
- Reboot your Linksys extender.
- Linksys extender firmware update is completed.
These were the steps for the Linksys extender access. Extender.linksys.com is a default web address that can help to complete the Linksys range extender setup. Get in touch with our team for more details. Do a live chat. Call on our toll-free number.